Friday, April 19, 2013

MHP/Public Education

After all the uproar, MHP took to the air to clarify that her promo was about the importance of public education.
So, let's talk about that.
I was recently at a meeting/lobby day with my state representative, discussing just this subject. Mostly I sat and listened to others speak, and as I did a position solidified in my mind.
I am a big supporter of public education. But, I do understand that parents with children in school now need a solution now. So I would support vouchers FOR THOSE WHO REALLY NEED THEM so their children can get a good education now. Proof of need should be required for public money to be spent on this.
Beyond that, I would think that everyone would agree that the priority should be making the public schools competitive with most, if not all, of the private schools. If that is done, the problem should go away.
I don't know about anywhere else, but I KNOW Texas needs MUCH more revenue to fix ALL the social problems in our state.
Good for business is not good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment