Friday, March 22, 2013

Right question, right answer

Much has been made of Rand Paul's quest for either the truth or more headlines, depending on your point of view. Personally, I will take the middle ground and say he was seeking both. I am quite noncommittal as to his filibuster, beyond being pleased that he went old school, even if it was self-serving. But I very much support him asking the question of AG Holder as to the U.S. drone policy within our borders. And I am also supportive of Mr. Holders answer.
Unlike Mr. Paul, I don't make the distinction of inside/outside the U.S. I am for the same policy either way.
And I don't think you can give a blanket statement blocking yourself from a particular action when we don't know what situation may arise in the future. I think Mr. Holder made just the right statement.
Score one for each side.

No comments:

Post a Comment