Saturday, November 3, 2012

Late October surprise

Some political talk shows like to choose who had the best and worst week. Well, this past week, I would say it was Progressive America.
First came Sandy, pointing out in a big way both the reality of climate change and the absolute necessity of big government. Hopefully this will move us far enough beyond the 'debate' over these issues to consign those on the Regressive side to the fringe for good.
Second, Mitt Romney redefined desperation with his ridiculously false Jeep to China ad. Not only was Chris Christie AND Mother Nature poking holes in his worldview, he was ripping off his Emperor's clothes himself.
One would think this would eliminate any chance he had of winning next week, but I'm still holding my breath. I could barely believe America had the sense to elect Obama four years ago. I'm not ready to believe any stronger this year. We'll see who has the best week next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment