Saturday, April 21, 2012

Everyday Romney

First, be clear - I am NOT voting for Romney. And I definitely agree with the criticisms of his policy ideas and some of his tactics.
But I must admit I am puzzled by some pundits reactions to his non-political statements.  It started with the trees statement. I can't see how that was so odd. Trees do grow to different heights, do they not? And why not feel more comfortable with the height of the trees where you grew up?  When I first went to the Pacific Northwest, I found the huge trees slightly intimidating. And when I go to west Texas, the trees are so puny.
And now it's the cookies. Look, I know it was a lame joke (really, how could it not be), but it was a JOKE people. He made a mistake I have seen many other people make - behaving familiarly with people you are not really familiar with. Maybe he thought it was relating to regular people.
It seems to me that these are everyday things - noticing the world around you and being a little awkward with strangers. What's so weird about that?
Now his plans for the country, on the other hand ...

No comments:

Post a Comment