Friday, September 26, 2014

The Prairie really is Grand

I had cause this week to feel really proud of my adopted state of Texas, thanks to two girls in Grand Prairie. They brought a painful episode of my childhood to a complete close with a gesture that I never got.
Like their classmate, when I was in school (junior high for me) in Florida, I was played a cruel joke by being 'nominated' for class princess. It was all a joke to those who put my name in, and none of them voted for me. Unlike their classmate, I had no one to stand up for me and show the bullies what being human means.
Like their classmate, I found much nicer people when I moved to Texas, and that is why I don't live in Florida anymore, even though a lot of my family is there.
Thanks, girls, you have helped people you don't even know.

No comments:

Post a Comment