Thursday, February 28, 2013

This is not progress

I have long believed that each ideological side has the obligation to stand up and criticize its own members when they mess up. In that spirit, I am highly offended by Progress Kentucky's attack on Sen. McConnell's wife. THIS IS NOT PROGRESSIVE. And we simply cannot allow the opposition to characterize it as such.
I have read their statement of apology and promise of future better practices and I hope it will hold. I don't know whether this may have come from just a small number of their members and not at all reflected the majority thinking there, but it did go out and now the whole group will be suspect until they can prove this is not their philosophy.
In the meantime, all of us who DO hold progressive ideals should let it be known in no uncertain terms that we do not agree with these ideas and/or tactics.
And get back to work moving the country forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment